According to Dr. Thom Rainer’s research from his book, The Unchurched Next Door, “82% of the unchurched are at least somewhat likely to attend church if invited.“
According to the Billy Graham Evangelical Association, “80% of people who come to Christ were invited to church by someone they knew.”
Our desire is that everybody has the opportunity to know and follow Jesus. The gospel is for everybody and everyone has a place in our home at NBBC. We want to be on mission in our Community and beyond and do everything we can to remove unnecessary barriers that keep people from knowing, trusting, and following after Jesus.
We don't want to just invite people to church; we want people to meet Jesus. And if you're already a follower of Jesus, we believe it's a part of our job to help clear the way to get people to Jesus. And sometimes, that journey for someone to encounter Jesus can start with an invite to church.
ENCOURAGEMENT FOR INVITING SOMEONE TO CHURCH
Sometimes all it takes is a simple invitation to jumpstart someone’s spiritual journey. Here's how to start:
• Identify those around you who could use the hope and help that can only be found in Jesus. Family? Friends? Co-workers?
• Begin or continue loving your neighbors and get to know those around you better. • Ask God for the eyes to see those around you like He does, and then ask for the
courage to invite them to church or to share your story with them. Here's what's important to remember:
• Your job is to listen. Be humble. And help them encounter Jesus and hear about the life change you've experienced because of Him. God will do the rest.
• You don’t have to be perfect. You just have to be real.
• Don't be discouraged - sometimes people say no. Keep praying, keep inviting, and
keep sharing about Jesus!
INVITING DURING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON
December is one of a few times that people who don’t normally go to church think about going. Let’s bring joy to those who could use the hope of Jesus and the nostalgia of Christmas by inviting them to join us at church!
NBBC will be a place where so many guests will celebrate the story of Christmas and encounter Jesus maybe for the first time or for the first time in a long time.
Think about your neighbors, family, and friends and invite them to join you at Christmas At New Bethlehem Baptist Church.
Here are some conversation starters:
"Hey, do you have a church? Do you want to come with me to mine? We’ve got some encouraging things planned - I’m really looking forward to this Christmas and I’d love it if you came with me.”